Thursday, April 24, 2008

In the beginning


So over 30 years ago I began writing things down that popped into my mind- no worries I am not going to put all 30 years worth of thoughts down, now or ever! But for this initial note, I think it only fitting to start with a piece that I wrote way back in the day when I was young, wide-eyed and more intuned to my life story then I could have realized. Funny how some things just stay with you, this short, simple piece has become my mantra- my self-affirmation of who I am and how I travel, (and have traveled) this path called my life...'nough said- let the younger me speak across the years....


i am no vision of loveliness
nor radiate of beauty
but i have
love in my heart

to give and be
taken freely


indeed, Love is all there is...


1 comment:

Jane Carlstrom said...

And still to me, thou art so beautiful. I will always remember the lovely joyful child twirling in the lilac print cotton shirtwaist dress ---- before many inches were cut off and the dress of dreams and beauty was hemmed to the appropriate length of the day.