Wednesday, May 7, 2008

a growing thing


A poem about the growth I've seen in my garden
and the garden of my soul.....

My bleeding heart is blooming
I noticed just the other day.

There standing tall amid
The decayed mulch and stone

Strong, firm green leaves
And bright red hearts,

Dangling delicately
Dancing in the cool breeze

How did I miss
This remarkable sight?

After the long months
Covered in the ice and snow

Bursting through the cold
hardened soil.

The bleeding heart
Lifts its glorious leaves

To the sun, the warmth
The promise of spring!

My broken heart is blooming
I just noticed the other day

Unexpectedly
Warm as the spring air

Tender shoots lifting up
To greet the

Gentle breeze
Restoring a weary soul

A soft kiss of joy
Brushing the face of today

Breaking through the
Hardened ground of my soul

Reaching out to
Embrace love again.

No comments: