Tuesday, May 13, 2008


why write, why do this exercise in words and ideas. mostly to keep the hounds at bay- to find space to unload the words and thoughts that pop up and won't go away. thanks to my writing circle, i am putting them out into space to find another head to haunt :)


I write

To remember who I am
To allow myself the grace
To rant, rage, recall

I write to reflect
Love and humor and light
To seek peace and hope

I write
To respire the
Good, and foul
To savor the aroma
Of words and thoughts
Caught on paper

I write
To reclaim my imagination
Delight or cry
Giggle, scream

I write to release
The inner me that gets bound up
In expectation, conditions and”norm’
Outside my understanding and control

I write to respond
To the hurt and healing
To the bitter and blessed
And to seek comfort from the storm

1 comment:

Jane Carlstrom said...

Yay for your writing circle, glad you are putting the writings out here. Yep, you are haunting my head. Not a bad thing, to get us slug -a- heads thinking.